2017 AIDS WALK ATLANTA & 5K RUN ROUTE
Click here to view the 2017 route map for
AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run
- Registration fees: Runners $35 (thru 10/21/17 at 12:00 noon). Online registration will close at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, October 18th. Registration will re-open on-site only on Sunday, October 22 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM for $45.
- Register here or click the register button
- 5K Run course is certified and is a Peachtree Road Race pre-qualifier
- Runners may choose to register as an individual or form/join a team
- Runners are encouraged to fundraise online
- 5K Runner bag check available at Runner Check In
- Packet Pick Up is at 11:00 AM on race day
- Chip timed race
- All finishers will be awarded a Runner's Shirt upon completion of the 5K Run
- Check-in opens at 11:00 AM
- Run starts at 1:00 PM on 10th Street
- Please take MARTA or carpool
- Due to City of Atlanta Ordinance, pets, strollers, and inline skates are not allowed
- Pre-race packet pick up is available on Thursday, October 19th from 4:00-8:00 PM at Phidippides Ansley Mall for runners who have registered by 12:00 PM Wednesday, October 18th. Race day bib pick up opens at 11:00 AM on Sunday in Piedmont Park for all participants.
Check out Couch to 5K plan: week by week. A running plan for beginers takes you through a nine week plan with tips and podcasts to help you prepare for your 5K Run!
Click here for more information!
The Check-In and Start line for AWA5K is in The Meadow of Piedmont Park (across 10th Street near 10th and Monroe).
Race Number /Bibb Early Pick Up
Early Bibb pick up will be on Thursday, October 19th from 3:30 to 7:00 pm. At the Ansley Mall Pheidippides.Runners registering after noon on Wednesday, at 11:59 pm will need to pick up their race number on Sunday, from the Runner Check-In Tent.
Online (Early) Registration
You may register online anytime between now and Saturday, October 21st at 12:00 noon.
Day of Event/On Site registration costs $45 and is open from 11am-12:30pm. Event Day registration closes at 12:30. We accept Cash, Check, debit/credit cards for your registration.
Street parking is very limited around The Meadow. We strongly encourage you to MARTA, Uber, or Lyft. Carpool if you must drive, and please be aware of all street signs regarding parking.
If available, you may wish to park at the Sage Parking Structure. There is event pricing when crowded, so please come prepared.
Bag check is available between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. the day of the event.
This year’s awards are from Mizuno, Phidippides, and other athletic retailers. Ever winner listed above receives an ‘AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run Award frame and medal. Awards are presented at 2:45 in Runner Land near the DJ.
Runner Costume Contest
To spice up the run this year, and because our event is so close to Halloween, we are creating a Runner Costume Contest. The challenge is to create the best costume for ‘Red Ribbon Super Heroes.’
Once your Runner number /Bibb is attached, visit the table near the Water tent near the start line. Individuals, couples, teams and even groups may enter.
Prizes will be awarded to the ‘Best in Show’ ‘2nd place, and 3rd place.Be as creative as you can for our celebrity judges.
Questions? Call 404.876.WALK (9255) or email: 5KRun@aidatlanta.org
Join us as a Volunteer! If you have some spare time before the week of the event, are available Saturday between 7 AM and 7 PM, or even on Sunday load out. We could sure use some help!